Wednesday, April 2, 2008

King ZIP speaks! MASSIVE NEWS!

OK, there are some really stunning news items coming out of the ZIP JAPAN camp today, the phones have been ringing non-stop. I won't bother with any fancy introductions, here's King ZIP with a big announcement!

King ZIP: Thank you Denizen-san.

I am pleased to announce today that ZIP JAPAN has added four new grapplers to its ranks. Effective immediately, Taiji Kuroda, Toshio Matsumura, Jiro Kaneko and Tora Katsu, all formerly of FCW, are active members of the ZIP JAPAN roster. Kuroda and Matsumura will make a great addition to the Tag Team division, and Kaneko and Katsu will join the Junior Heavyweights.

Many of you may be familiar with FCW, Freestyle Championship Wrestling, a rival promotion here in Japan, which is run by Jun Seikihara. It's no secret that FCW has been struggling financially over the past several months, and I have been closely monitoring their situation. Earlier today, a breaking point was reached, and Seikihara was forced to admit to his staff that he could no longer continue to pay all his top stars. Seikihara offered to let anyone out of their contracts who wanted it, and these four men stepped up and took his offer.

I was fortunate to have secured contracts for all of the FCW Four by this afternoon; this acquisition is a coup of epic proportions. I have forwarded biographical information on each of these wrestlers to TheDenizen, and expect that he will have their profiles added to his blog soon.

In other roster related news, heavyweight Donnie Doogan is set to return from injury any day. Long time fans of ZIP JAPAN will remember the terrible and unfortunate quadriceps tear that Donnie suffered in the weight room last year. His lengthy rehab is finally over, and Donnie will be re-appearing in a ZIP JAPAN ring very soon!

I am also officially declaring that in light of events at the last House show, Jumbo Jinzei is the new #1 Contender for the ZIP JAPAN Heavyweight Championship. Jinzei's recent pinfall victory over Gorobei in a tag match was the first time the current Champ has been pinned in over a year, and catapulted Jumbo up the standings into the top slot, just edging out Mr. Suplex for now. A date and venue for this colossal title match will be announced in the near future.

Last but not least, I need to address the ongoing issue with my daughter Reiko, and White Trash. I think Reiko has been punished enough after watching her man getting destroyed for three consecutive shows. I wanted her to experience the same hopeless anger I felt at being cheated of victory against HOSS Freeman, and seeing her running out on the last event, I feel she's finally learned that lesson. White Trash probably deserves another beating, but in deference to Reiko's feelings for him, I am allowing him to return to normal competition against members of the Junior Division.

I'd like to thank my youngest daughter Suki for stepping in and replacing Reiko as referee at the last show with very little notice. Reiko will be back, but I plan to keep Suki around as a referee for the forseeable future as well. In fact, in the interest of keeping ZIP JAPAN's officials from burning out, I am also bringing my middle daughter Tomi into the promotion as a third ref. I will be implementing a rotation schedule to ensure no one has to officiate more than 3 matches on a single card.

Until next time, this is King ZIP, saying Sayonara!


Wow, thanks, King ZIP! That's a lot of huge news! This is an exciting time for ZIP JAPAN, I have a feeling that really big things are on the horizon. I'll get working on those roster updates, I'll have new entries for the "FCW Four", Donnie Doogan and the new ZIP JAPAN referees up shortly, and I'll knock something together for the new look of "Darkness" HAGE as well.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: