Friday, February 22, 2008

King ZIP Speaks on the Inaugural Show

This past Sunday was a very eventful show at Wonderland's DOJO. Some huge matchups and incredible moments. This post contains spoilers for that show, so if you haven't seen the matches yet, click on 'Match Videos' in the Labels above, and check out the action! Here to share his thoughts on the big event and its fallout, King ZIP!

King ZIP: Thank you, Denizen-san.

First I should apologize to both Daisuke Shimura and Taro Yamamoto. These professionals travelled to the DOJO and were prepared to wrestle, but unfortunately time constraints forced their match to be cut from the card. These men will get their chance to face each other at the next ZIP JAPAN show, that is confirmed.

Congratulations to Justin Starr on his ZIP JAPAN Junior Title win in what was a very exciting and fast paced match. Tetsuo Kinoshita is contractually guaranteed a rematch for the belt, and the victor will face the new #1 contender, Great HAGE. HAGE's victory in the Battle Royal proves he still has what it takes to be a champion.

Nakajima was very good in the six man tag match, to see Mad Bomber put away by a powerbomb is a rare thing indeed. Kakihara and Tatami are both still in the hospital recovering from their brutal Deathmatch. I booked that match against my better judgement, and though it was certainly entertaining, the price paid by both wrestlers was a high one.

The ZIP JAPAN Tag Title match also ended with a serious injury, Jimmy Nails suffered a badly separated shoulder taking a Schwein from Kenzo Kobayshi. No word on when he will return, but we haven't seen the last of this feud - Mickey Grinds tells me he wants payback. Kazuhiro Tanabe put up a superb fight in the Heavyweight Title match, but Gorobei ultimately showed why he is the true Champion. His unstoppable reign continues.

The Interpromotional Tag Team match might have ended badly for ZIP JAPAN, but some positives definitely came from that encounter. Kiriyama tapped out, but I was very happy with the fight that Kaneshiro and Kiriyama put up against unknown opponents. I was also impressed by the work of TheDenizen in that match, and signed him to a ZIP JAPAN contract immediately after the show. I expect big things from TheDenizen in the Junior division. That scruffy Wonderland character, though, I'm not so sure about...

The shock of the night was Mr. Suplex's career making performance in the 2/3 falls match against Kintaro. I've long had hopes that Mr. Suplex would blossom into World Championship material, but I'd never dreamed he would step up his game so soon. The fighting spirit he displayed, and the ending of the second fall left me in awe. Genki Raiga must also be very proud. Mr. Suplex will be prominently featured on the next show, that's a fact. Kintaro on the other hand, is not severely injured, but will miss a few weeks of action due to a strained neck.

And last, how could I forget the final match of the show. What was to be my triumphant return to the ring ended in humiliation at the hands of HOSS Freeman. HOSS was a mighty opponent who was better prepared than I was, and he has my respect. The FPC is a very strong federation, and I was impressed by the wrestlers I saw.

What I was not impressed with, however, is the dishonor that was brought to the name ZIP by my daughter Reiko, the referee. To count a pinfall on your own father in such an important match, how can you live with the shame? Reiko, I know I cannot punish you directly for your actions, my discipline is too rough for you, but I CAN punish someone you care about.

I know you've been sneaking off with that snot-nosed punk White Trash in between shows, I've heard the rumors, endured the innuendos. Well, no more, Reiko. You wanted to keep your little boyfriend a secret, but I'm going to put the two of you in front of the world together. I have a special opponent in mind for White Trash...and Reiko, you'll be there in the ring to witness up close what is just the beginning...of his dismantling.

Until next time, this is King ZIP, saying Sayonara!


Wow. Heavy stuff from the man himself. I'll post the next card as soon as I get it!

I should also mention that my ZIP JAPAN contract is very flexible, and shouldn't interfere with my appearances at FPC PPV events!

No comments: